- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine rice and stock. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook covered until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare cabbage by immersing cabbage in salted boiling water for 10 minutes or until the leaves start to fall away. Remove from water and rinse with cold water. Carefully cut the core out of the cabbage and remove the large outer leaves. Thin the spine of each leaf. Set aside. When no more leaves can be removed in one piece, finely chop the heart of the cabbage and set aside. It will be used as a bed for the rolls.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, turkey, onion, red pepper, garlic and egg yolks. Mix well and set aside.
- To make up the rolls, place approximately 3 tbsp of filling in the centre of each leaf, fold the bottom up, turn the sides in and roll up in a tight parcel. Seal with a brush of egg white and repeat until you have used up all the filling and cabbage leaves.
- Grease a large, deep, ovenproof dish with oil. Layer the chopped cabbage in first, then add the rolls seam side down, side by side. A second layer can be made if needed. Combine the remaining ingredients together and pour over the cabbage rolls. Cook in a 350ºF (180ºC) oven for two hours or until meat is cooked and rice is tender, adding water as needed.
* White long grain rice may be substituted for brown basmati rice