TIP: An un-stuffed turkey cooks much faster. If you love stuffing with your turkey, cook some on the side and baste with turkey drippings for that special turkey flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Rub turkey, inside and out with mustard.
- Combine all seasonings. Sprinkle mixture on turkey, inside and out.
- Place turkey breast-up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast turkey for 4 to 5 hours (about 20 minutes per pound) or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the thigh registers 82°C (180°F). Tent with foil if needed and baste once per hour.
- Remove turkey from oven and rest, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes until juices have set before slicing.
- Melt butter in a saucepan on low. Add flour. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined into a crumbly mixture. Cook for 2 minutes until mixture begins to turn brown.
- Gradually stir in pan drippings; simmer, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to thicken.
- Gradually stir in broth; simmer, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in mustard and remove from heat. Serve alongside turkey.