You can make this a 15-minute weeknight meal by making a couple of items ahead of time. You can cook the turkey sausage and rapini in advance and freeze them. On the day you want to serve, just pull out the sausage and rapini in the morning to defrost, make your pasta just before mealtime and then combine for a delicious and quick weekday dinner.
- Salt a large pot of water with 1 tbsp salt and bring to boil.
- Prepare rapini by rinsing thoroughly and trimming stems.
- Boil rapini for 5 minutes and remove from water.
- Salt another large pot of water with the other 1 tbsp of salt and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Grill sausages over medium heat until cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan with 2 tbsps olive oil over medium heat.
- Crush garlic.
- Add rapini, salt to taste, pepper, hot pepper and garlic to large frying pan.
- Saute over medium heat until cooked through, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Slice up sausages.
- Add pasta, 2 tbsps of olive oil and sausages to rapini mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, riboflavin, thiamin, niacin, folate, pantothenate, calcium and iron. Good source of vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and zinc.