- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and saute leeks, carrots, mushrooms, green peas and celery until soft.
- Add thyme and diced turkey breast. Add butter and then add flour once the butter is melted. Stir for about 4 minutes.
- Add stock and milk. Gently simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the liquid is thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Cut butter into small cubes and add to flour and salt. Add shortening and knead until it resembles cornmeal. Add chopped herbs, egg, water and mustard. Mix until it forms a ball and then chill for 30 minutes.
- Separate into two halves and roll into two discs to fit pie plate.
- Line a large deep pie plate with first pastry disc and then add filling. Put second pastry over top, pinch edges and cut vents to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for approximately one hour with a cooking sheet under the pie plate to catch any dripping. Continue to cook until the crust is golden brown and the filling begins to bubble.
Nutritional Facts (8 oz/225 g Serving): Calories 510; Protein 21 g; Carbs 35 g; Sodium 570 mg; Fat 32 g