TIP: Sliced turkey and pepper mixture could be presented on a warm platter with bowls of condiments and a package of warm tortillas, so guests could assemble their own.
- In a non-metal shallow dish, combine lime juice, 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil, 2 cloves garlic, chili powder, oregano, cumin and pepper.
- Add turkey and marinate in refrigerator 2 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Grill turkey steaks 3 to 4 minutes on each side, just until cooked.
- While turkey grills, heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add thyme, remaining garlic, onion, peppers; sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Warm tortillas a few seconds in microwave or in foil on grill or in oven.
- To serve, slice turkey into narrow strips.
- Place some lettuce, turkey and pepper mixture in centre of each tortilla. Top with some guacamole, tomato and coriander. Fold bottom edge of tortilla toward centre, fold two sides toward centre, overlapping slightly.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender and puree until smooth.Refrigerate 2 hours or up to 2 days.