• Any rising dough will work from store bought puff pastry to pizza dough. • To second proof your dough, turn your oven on the lowest setting for one minute to warm up and then turn off. Put the tray of buns into the oven with a bowl of hot water for approximately 1 hour. • When removing the parchment paper, if the bottom of the bun is still sticking to it, let it cook for another minute.
- Cut 4x 5-inch squares of parchment paper and lightly oil one side of each piece. Set aside, laid out.
- Split the proofed dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough out to a rectangle the length of the turkey dog and about 2-4 inches wide. Place the turkey dog in the center of the rectangle, lengthwise and wrap the turkey dog fully with the dough.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough wrapped turkey dog into 6-7 equal discs. These are the petals of the flower.
- On the parchment paper, form each flower bun by placing one disc of wrapped turkey dog in the centre and 5-6 petals around the centre.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for remaining dough and turkey dogs to form each flower bun.
- Let the dough sit for 1 hour and proof for a second time as needed.
- Once the dough is ready, make an egg wash by whisking the egg with 2 Tbsp of water. Brush the bun with the egg wash, top with green onion and sesame seeds.
- Cook each bun in the CHEFMAN Air Fryer at 325 degrees F for 11 minutes total. After 5 minutes, remove the parchment paper from under the bun and cook for the remaining 6 minutes.