This stuffing is delicious on its own, in a sandwich or alongside your holiday meal. If you don't like hazelnuts, feel free to replace them with pecans or walnuts. Dried sour cherries make an excellent substitute if you or your guests don't like cranberries.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the diced onions and cook for 2 minutes until translucent.
- Add in the turkey and cook, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon, until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, orange zest and sage and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375oF (190oC).
- Pour into a large bowl and add in the cranberries, hazelnuts, cinnamon, salt, pepper and bread.
- Whisk the egg gently and pour into the mixture. Add in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the stock and mix the stuffing with your hands.
- Add more stock as needed to make a sticky but not wet mixture.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment and spoon in the stuffing mixture.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and insides are piping hot. If the tops starts to get too brown, cover with foil until it's finished.
- Serve immediately with all your holiday dinner fixings!