Serve with a handful of arugula. *Keep the remaining puff pastry and brush it with butter and honey, then cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 350°F to create sweet little bites.
Blue cheese and turkey sauce
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- On a clean surface, spread puff pastry and, use a cookie cutter, to cut 16-8 cm circles.
- Use a smaller, round, cookie cutter, with a diameter of approx. 5 cm, to cut another circle inside 8 big circles to create 8 rings.
- Brush the 16 ring pieces with egg yolk.
- Place a ring on each big circle to form the vol-au-vents.
- Transfer the 8 vol-au-vents on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook in the oven for 35 minutes, until well puffed and golden.
- Season turkey with ½ tsp of salt and 1 tsp of pepper. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 Tbsp of oil at medium high heat and cook turkey for 3-4 minutes or until well cooked and golden. Remove turkey from pan, transfer in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 Tbsp of oil, add mushrooms and cook at medium high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until mushrooms are slightly golden, then remove from pan and transfer in the same bowl used for the turkey.
- In the same pan, add butter, onion and garlic and cook until onion and garlic are slightly charred.
- Add flour and stir with a whisk Until mix starts to brown.
- Add milk and blue cheese and whisk until sauce thickens.
- Add turkey, mushrooms, remaining salt and pepper, parsley and chives, and stir. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Assemble your plates with the vol-au-vents and cover with blue cheese and turkey sauce.