Notes: Customize these wraps with any toppings you see fit! Using in-season produce helps reduce cost.
- Combine lentils and 2 cups water in a small saucepan. Cover, place over high heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5-7 minutes, or until tender (but not mushy!) Drain and set aside.
- Place large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook for one minute. Stir in garlic and peppers. Cook for 3 minutes. Stir in lentils. Cook for another 5-8 minutes, or until turkey meat is browned consistently.
- Stir in taco seasoning and 2/3 cup water. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for a few minutes (until mixture thickens and very little liquid remains.)
- Lay your lettuce leaf out flat. Add turkey-lentil filling, onion, cheese, corn, chickpeas, and salsa.
- Serve as is, or roll into a wrap for better support!