TIP: You can easily customize this recipe to your guests’ likes and preferences. Increase the breast meat if guests prefer white meat or increase drumsticks or add thighs if more desire dark meat instead. White or dark meat, turkey is still super lean.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- Rub the turkey with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the turkey into your roasting pan. Add the wine or turkey broth.
- Cut the heads of garlic in half. Add to the pan. Add rosemary sprigs.
- Roast for 45 – 60 minutes until the juices run clear and an instant thermometer reads 165°F (74°C) in the thickest part of the breast. Drumsticks will be cooked up to 15-20 minutes sooner, remove when ready and an instant thermometer reads 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the turkey from the oven and let the breast rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- Squeeze cooked garlic cloves out of casing. Mash into pan juices. Heat gently and add flour, if necessary, to thicken to create a gravy.