A rub made with French’s Dijon Mustard, butter and spices make for a delicious, crispy skin on your turkey!
- Stuffing: Heat olive oil in skillet set over medium heat; sauté onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme and turkey chorizo for 6 to 8 minutes or until sausage is browned and cooked through. Let cool
- Toss sausage mixture with cubed bread and olives. Drizzle with broth and vinegar.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Pat turkey dry inside and out; remove giblets and discard. Place Turkey Chorizo Stuffing* loosely in both turkey cavities; skewer cavities closed. Tie legs together and tuck wings under back. Place turkey, breast side up, on rack in roasting pan.
- Mix together Mustard, melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper; rub all over turkey. Pour 2 cups (500 mL) water into roasting pan. Tent with foil.
- Roast for 3 1/2 hours, basting once with pan juices every hour. Uncover and roast for about 30 minutes or until skin is crisp and thermometer inserted into thigh registers 180°F (82°C) and juices run clear. Let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
Note: When roasting, any stuffing placed in the cavity of the turkey should reach an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C).