TIP: Boil pasta ahead of time, drain and rinse under cold water. Pack in airtight bag or container and refrigerate. Simply add to slow cooker as in recipe.
- Using a chef’s knife, cut turkey into 1 inch (2.5 cm) chunks and toss with oregano and oil.
- Brown turkey in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat and place in slow cooker. Brown sausages on all sides and remove to cutting board. Slice sausages and add to slow cooker.
- Stir in onion, peppers, mushrooms, pizza sauce, water and hot pepper flakes, if using. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water; cook pasta for about 8 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain well and add to slow cooker and stir to combine. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 10 minutes for cheese to melt and sauce to absorb into pasta. Stir to combine before serving.
- Make this slow cooker meal overnight and pack it up in lunches for the next day, hot out of the slow cooker right into a thermos.
- Turkey sausages come in a variety of flavours, choose the best one that suits your family’s tastes.