These flavours are best for smaller size turkeys in the 10 to 14 lb (5 to 7 kg) category.
- Place turkey on rack in roasting pan. Season inside of turkey cavity with salt and pepper. Tuck onions and ginger into cavity and tie drumsticks. Tuck wings under breast.
- In a bowl, whisk together sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Brush about half all over turkey.
- Whisk together broth, vinegar and miso paste; pour into bottom of roasting pan.
- Roast turkey in preheated 325 F (160 C) oven for 1 1/2 hours and baste with remaining sesame oil mixture. Roast for about 1 1/2 hours, occasionally basting with pan juices. Insert thermometer into area between thigh and drumstick and once temperature reaches 175 F (71 C) remove turkey. Tent with foil and let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Strain pan juices.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if using and serve with pan juices.
- If turkey has reached a perfect golden colour before reaching temperature, simply tent the turkey with foil in the oven.
- Serve up the turkey with some wasabi for an extra kick to each serving.