TIP: Freeze any extra uncooked stuffing. To use, cook from frozen at 350°F (177°C) for 35-45 minutes and serve. Top with fried eggs for a quick and easy weekend breakfast.
- Make sure the turkey is thawed and the giblets and neck have been removed.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Prepare your stuffing and set aside.
- Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Rub the turkey with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the cavity loosely with the stuffing.
- Place the turkey into a roasting pan.
- Roast the turkey for 3 ¾ – 4 ½ hours, until the juices run clear and an instant thermometer reads 180°F (82°C) in the thickest part of the thigh and the stuffing reads 165°F.
- Once cooked, remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
NOTE: Cooking times are for planning purposes only – always use a digital meat thermometer to determine doneness.
To Prepare Stuffing:
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan.
- Sauté onions and celery until cooked through and browned, 8-12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Mix eggs and broth together.
- Combine onion and celery mixture, corn bread, cranberries, bread, herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Add egg and broth mixture slowly until stuffing mixture is wet but not soaked through. You may not need to use all of the liquid.