Excellent source of vitamin C, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, folate, pantothenate, manganese and selenium. Good source of vitamin A, choline, magnesium, zinc, calcium, iron.
- Soak the skewers in water and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Combine the ancho chili, black peppercorns, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, paprika and dried oregano in a spice mill and grind until it’s a fine powder.
- Cut the turkey, pineapple, red onion and red and yellow peppers into bite sized pieces. Add pieces to the skewer alternating between turkey, pineapple, red onion and pepper. Dust all the skewers with the spice mix until well coated.
- Grill the kebabs for 3-4 minutes per side. While the kebabs are cooking, brush the pita with the olive oil and grill at the same time. Remove from grill.
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and serve with the kebabs and grilled pita.