- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F.
- In a bowl, mix the beaten egg and milk. Add the ground turkey, parmesan and seasoning. Mix well and shape into 2.5 cm (about 1 inch) balls.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with the minestrone soup.
- In a large soup pot, add olive oil. Fry the shallot, garlic and pancetta (if using) for about 2 minutes. Add vegetables and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add broth and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Add tomatoes and simmer about ten minutes.
- Don’t forget to include a parmesan rind to give that unique umami taste. In the last five minutes, add the zucchini and white beans
In a separate pot, cook the pasta al dente and add to the soup when serving. Serve with a generous spoon of pesto, parmesan shavings and garnish with turkey meatballs