This flavourful lemon and herb turkey would make a delicious addition to any of your favourite salad recipes! Use it to top other leafy green based salads; it would also work well paired with a quinoa or pasta salad.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine fresh thyme and rosemary on a cutting board, using a sharp knife to chop fine. Add the herbs, lemon zest, olive oil and ¼ tsp sea salt to a small bowl; mix well to combine.
- Place the turkey breast onto a cookie sheet, or oven-proof dish; use a spoon to spread the herb mixture evenly over the top. Roast the turkey in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 165F.
- While the turkey is roasting, combine all of the dressing ingredients, plus ¼ tsp sea salt, in a small mixing bowl. Use a whisk to combine well. Place dressing in the fridge to chill until it’s time to assemble the salad.
- Once the turkey is fully cooked, transfer from the pan to a plate or cutting board. Use two forks to pull the turkey meat into small pieces. Set aside to cool slightly while you make the salad.
- Place greens, onions, walnuts and strawberries into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle about 3 tablespoons of dressing over top and toss well to combine; add more dressing to suit your preferences, if necessary.
- Divide the salad evenly onto 3 plates and crumble the goat cheese over top of each. Add the pulled turkey to each plate and serve!