If you have any leftover turkey gravy, mix this in with your Turkey stock/broth to add even more flavour to your paella.
- Heat the stock in a large saucepot over medium heat so it is hot when starting to cook paella. Mix the saffron with 1 cup of the hot stock, set aside to steep.
- In a large cast-iron pan or skillet, brown the chorizo in olive oil and set aside on a plate. In the same skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in the chorizo-flavored oil, adding more oil if necessary, until softened.
- Stir in the tomato, pepper, smoked paprika, bay leaves, and mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes longer. Stir in the wine and rice and let simmer for an additional few minutes.
- Spread the rice out in an even layer over the bottom of the pan and ladle in the stock from the saucepot. Do not stir the rice. Let the rice absorb the liquid over low heat (simmering), tasting the rice along the way to check doneness. The total cooking time is about 25 minutes.
- Halfway through the rice cooking time, nestle in the cooked turkey and reserved chorizo. Pour the steeped saffron broth over top.
- When the rice is almost fully cooked, add the peas and vegetables, and heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Once cooked, cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish as desired.