To save time, prepare the Lemon Garlic Basil Aioli and turkey burger patties ahead of time. Then just grill the patties and assemble the burgers when ready to serve!
- Preheat barbecue or grill to medium.
- In a large bowl, add turkey, egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and barbecue sauce. and mix well with clean hands to combine.
- Using your hands, form 4 burger patties about 1 inch thick and 4 inches in diameter.
- Place turkey burger patties on the grill for 10 minutes, then flip and grill another 5 minutes until browned and cooked to a minimum of 165°F internal temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare the aioli: In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic and basil. Mix well and set in the fridge to chill.
- Remove turkey burger patties from the grill and assemble burgers.
- Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of Lemon Garlic Basil Aioli over 1/2 of each sliced bun (toast buns ahead of time if preferred), then top with 1 cooked turkey burger patty.
- Layer on avocado, sprouts, sliced onion, tomato and spinach.
- Enjoy with a side salad, baked fries, or on its own!