Turkey thighs can be seasoned ahead of time and placed in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before cooking. A barbecue can also be used to grill the turkey thighs.
- Set an oiled 9-10 inch cast iron grill on the stove at medium-high heat.
- Place turkey thighs in a large bowl. Add minced garlic, onion powder, chill powder, maple syrup, sriracha, 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp of salt ½ tsp black pepper, red pepper flakes. Gently toss the thighs using a spatula or tongs to ensure they are coated in seasoning. *
- Grill the turkey thighs on both sides for a total of 30 - 35 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to ensure internal temperature reaches 165oF.
- Cut the mushrooms into halves. Heat remaining olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add the mushrooms; season using remaining salt and pepper. Allow to cook until slightly tender. 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garden peas to the mushrooms. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve grilled turkey thigh with mashed sweet potatoes, and top with mushroom and peas.