Cook a double batch of mini meatballs and freeze them so you’ve got some ready for the next time you crave this soup. Trust me, you’ll want to make it again (and again!)
- In a medium bowl, mix the turkey, breadcrumbs, canola oil, ginger, soy sauce, pepper, sriracha, garlic and green onion. Using a teaspoon measure, scoop heaping teaspoons of meatball mixture and gently shape into mini meatballs. Place meatballs on a foil lined baking tray. Broil on high for about 5 minutes, until an instant read thermometer registers 165°F. Put cooked meatballs into a medium bowl and cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- In a large pot, on medium-high heat, add oil and green onion. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, until green onions are slightly browning.
- Add broth, mushrooms, ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce and garlic. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to high, add bok choy and cook uncovered for 2 minutes until tender-crisp. Remove pot from heat. Stir in lime juice.
- With a slotted spoon, divide vegetables among 4 soup bowls. Add cooked noodles and pour broth into bowls. Top with turkey meatballs and soft cooked eggs (if using).
- Drizzle with sesame oil and sriracha and sprinkle carrot and cilantro (if using). Serve with extra lime wedges.