TIP: These meatballs make a great snack or lunchtime meal. Make them a lunchbox staple and serve with salad, rice or pasta. Use a favourite dipping sauce on the side: hummus, tzatziki, tomato or cheese sauces all work well.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sauté onions until softened and translucent, 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove mixture from heat and cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; ground turkey, onion-garlic mixture, panko breadcrumbs, eggs, cheese and herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Do not over mix.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to portion out meatballs. Roll portions between moistened hands to create a round even shape.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Sear meatballs evenly, turning occasionally, until lightly browned on all sides, 4-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 12-15 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink in the centre.
- Serve the meatballs warm. Alternatively, you can freeze the meatballs on a clean baking sheet overnight and then divide into a few batches and store in the freezer in freezer-safe bags or airtight containers. Make sure to label bags or containers with a date. Meatballs can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months.