TIP: Buying ready-made crepes reduces the prep and cooking time required for this recipe. Instead of mushrooms and asparagus, use whatever vegetables create a tasty combination for you and your family or guests.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and milk together.
- Gradually whisk in flour until combined and smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and pour batter through fine mesh sieve into another bowl. Spray a 7 inch (18 cm) non-stick skillet or crepe pan with cooking spray and place over medium high heat.
- Pour a scant ¼ cup (60 mL) of the batter into the skillet and swirl pan to coat bottom evenly.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until golden underneath and top is set.
- Using a spatula, turn crepe over and cook for 30 seconds and remove to plate.
- Re-spray pan and repeat with remaining crepe batter. Cover and set crepes aside.
Turkey, Mushroom and Asparagus Filling:
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk and cook, whisking for about 8 minutes or until starting to thicken and sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Whisk in mustard, salt and pepper. Reserve 1 cup (250 mL) of the sauce.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook mushrooms, shallots, garlic, thyme and salt for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are golden and no liquid remains in skillet.
- Add turkey and vermouth and cook for 3 minutes or until turkey is heated through.
- Stir in reserved béchamel sauce and asparagus.
- Divide filling among crepes and roll or fold each crepe and place in baking dish.
- Spread crepes with remaining béchamel sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in broiler about 6 inches (15 cm) away from heat and broil for about 2 minutes or until golden and bubbly.