Make the dressing:
- Place the turkey in a pot, and add enough stock to cover. Add the parsley stalks, bay leaf, thyme and black peppercorns. Bring to a gentle boil, then turn down the heat and simmer gently, until the thighs are cooked through. This can take between 30 – 45 minutes, depending on the size of the thighs.
- Remove the thighs from the poaching liquor and let cool. Once cool enough to handle, shred the meat, and keep aside. You can skim off any scum from the top of the poaching liquor and reuse it, if you wish.
- Place the oil in a small pot, and add the shallot.
- Fry gently, on a medium-low heat, until the shallots are soft.
- Add the curry powder and tomato paste, lower the heat and fry gently for about 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken or turkey broth, bring to a simmer and cook for about 2 – 3 minutes. Take off the heat, and stir in the mango chutney and sugar. Let cool completely.
- Whisk the mayonnaise and yogurt into the curry dressing. Place the shredded turkey meat in a bowl, and toss with the curry salad dressing. There may be some extra salad dressing left over, and you can use it as a dip or to drizzle on top of salads. Chill the coronation turkey salad until ready to serve.
, place a large handful of salad greens on a plate, adding the mango, if using. Top with coronation turkey salad, fresh cilantro and toasted almonds.