TIP: You can easily customize this recipe to suit all your guests preferences. Add more turkey breast for guests who prefer white meat, or more thighs or drums for guests who prefer dark meat. To make sure garlic cloves cook without burning, tuck them under the turkey during cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- Combine all dried herbs to make a spice rub.
- Season potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and ½ of the spice rub.
- Rub the turkey with the remaining olive oil.
- Season with the remaining spice rub. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the turkey and potatoes into your roasting pan. Add the turkey broth, garlic and thyme.
- Roast for 60-90 minutes until the juices run clear and an instant thermometer reads 165°F (74°C) in the thickest part of the breast. Drumsticks and thighs will be cooked up to 15-20 minutes sooner, remove when cooked through and an instant thermometer reads 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the turkey from the oven and let the breast rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- To create gravy, squeeze cooked garlic cloves out of casing and mash into pan juices. Heat gently and add flour, if necessary, to thicken.