Turkey scallopini is thinly sliced turkey breast meat. If you are unable to find turkey scallopini at your local grocer, you can make your own by partially freezing a turkey breast, and then using a sharp knife, carefully cut the breast in half width-wise. Turkey scallopini is thinner, and cooks quicker than a whole turkey breast.
- Combine all the spices in a small container or re-sealable bag.
- Rub both sides of the turkey scallopini with the spice mix. Place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- In a large frying pan, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Place as many turkey pieces you can fit in one layer in the frying pan. Cook for 5-10 minutes per side, the amount of time will be determined by how thick your turkey is. The internal temperature should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C) when tested with an instant read thermometer.
- Once the turkey is cooked to the right temperature, remove to a paper towel lined plate, and continue cooking the rest of the turkey the same way.
- Once all of the turkey has been cooked, you can prepare your sandwiches, or you can cover and refrigerate it to use it later.
- To prepare your sandwiches, cut the turkey to fit your bread, spread your bread with a little mayonnaise, some lettuce, a piece of turkey, tomato, and avocado. Enjoy!