Brining is an excellent way to add moisture and flavour to turkey meat. Feel free to experiment with flavours but make sure that you brine for no less than 4 hours for best results. Wash and re-use the plastic boxes with lids that salad greens are sold in; use for brining the turkey breasts.
- You will need a large, 2-4 litre container with a lid, or a casserole or bowl with plastic wrap. Mix all ingredients except turkey breast together in a separate bowl to make brine. Place turkey breasts in the large container. Add brine and cover.
- Refrigerate overnight or no less than 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to 400ºF (200ºC). Spray grill with cooking spray and place turkey breasts bone side up.
- Grill for 5-7 minutes or until starting to brown. Flip on to bone side and continue to grill until done, approximately 20-30 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes and serve.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Place turkey breasts in a shallow baking dish, bone side down and roast uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until juices are clear.