Plain canned cranberry sauce gets transformed into a luscious accompaniment for breaded turkey cutlets made healthier with air frying. That crisp, beautifully browned crust requires no added oil!
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until dark golden-brown with a nutty aroma, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix cranberry sauce, orange juice, and nutmeg.
- Add the brown butter to the bowl and mix well.
- In a rimmed plate or shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, and pepper.
- In another plate or bowl, mix breadcrumbs and sage.
- Crack eggs into a third bowl and beat well.
- Working with one cutlet at a time, dredge it in the flour, shaking off excess, then in the egg, letting the excess drip off, and then in the breadcrumb mixture to coat well. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Place 2 cutlets in the basket of the air fryer and set to 375˚F for 10 minutes.
- Cook cutlets until cooked through and golden brown. (For most even browning, flip cutlets halfway through cooking.)
- Transfer cooked cutlets to a clean plate and keep warm.
- Air fry the remaining two cutlets for 10 minutes at 375˚F, flipping halfway through if desired.
- Serve turkey with cranberry sauce.