TIP: To reduce the fat content and calories in this recipe, use a lighter cream.
- In a large saucepan, combine turkey, stock, celery, mushrooms, carrots, onions and thyme. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or just until carrots are tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove meat and vegetables and set aside.
- Boil the stock about 10 to 15 minutes to reduce to 1 ¼ cups (300 mL).
- Dissolve corn starch in cream and whisk into reduced stock. Simmer 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring often.
- Beat egg yolk with lemon juice and whisk into sauce.
- Return meat and vegetables; heat through without boiling.
- Serve with cooked rice or noodles and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.