TIP: Feel free to get creative with seasonings, rubs and glazes to change up the flavour profile of your turkey. Visit our glazes, infusions and rubs recipe section for inspiration.
- Make sure the turkey is thawed and the giblets have been removed.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- Pat the turkey dry, inside and out, with paper towels.
- Rub the turkey with the olive oil, inside and out. Season generously with salt and pepper, and dried Italian herbs, inside and out.
- Finely chop half of the herbs. Combine with the butter. Rub the herb-butter mixture generously underneath the skin and over the breast on both sides.
- Stuff the cavity with the onions, carrots, celery and the remaining herbs.
- Place the turkey into your roasting pan. Add the turkey broth.
- Roast the turkey for 3 ½-4 ½ hours or until the juices run clear and an instant thermometer reads 180°F (82°C) in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for 20 minutes before carving.
Cooking times are for planning purposes only – always use a digital meat thermometer to determine doneness.