Note: Soup stores in the fridge for up to 5 days. The farro tends to soak up all of that delicious broth so you can reheat the soup with a little extra turkey broth if needed!
- If you have not yet cooked your turkey breast, preheat oven to 350F and place roughly 1.5lbs of boneless, skinless turkey breast in a small roasting pan seasoned with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil and allow to bake roughly 45-60 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 165F. Remove and allow to cool slightly before shredding meat with two forks. The turkey can be added at the very end if not made in advance.
- In a large stock pot, add olive oil and heat to medium low, then add in turkey bacon and move about the pot until slightly crisped.
- Add in onions and shallot and cook for roughly 3 minutes until tender and slightly translucent.
- Add carrots, celery, garlic and allow to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Pour in broth and add uncooked farro, turkey, and bay leaves and allow to simmer on low for roughly 45-60 minutes or until farro is tender. Remove bay leaves.
- Serve hot with a nice hearty bread or crackers.