Quick and Easy Spaghetti Dish for Adults
I like spaghetti, although sometimes, I’d like to have a more adult version of the popular Italian dish. While you’re making the kids’ spaghetti and turkey meatballs for dinner this week, try this Spaghetti & Turkey a la Puttanesca.
While the recipe calls for roast turkey as its primary protein, you can substitute it for ground turkey, or cut-up turkey breast. This meal takes very little effort and tastes delicious.
1 package spaghetti
2 tbsp | 30 ml olive oil
4 anchovies, packed in olive oil, finely chopped (1 tsp anchovy paste)
1 tbsp | 15 ml garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup | 65 ml white wine
1 cup | 250 ml grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 tsp | 2.5 ml dried red chili flakes
1 tbsp | 15 ml capers
1/4 cup | 65 ml calamata olives, pitted and chopped
1/2 tsp | 2.5 ml sea salt
1/4 tsp | 1.25 ml freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp | 45 ml fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
1 cup | 250 ml roast turkey, chopped
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water according to directions on package.
- In a large frying pan, sauté anchovies and garlic over medium heat in olive oil until translucent.
- Add white wine and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix with warm spaghetti and serve with fresh parmesan.
For more dishes, visit our website.